Thursday 1 September 2016

OOTD: Safari Sass (ft. Hell Bunny)

 
Aloha lovelies! We have been having some absolutely gorgeous weather here in the UK recently so I have been trawling my wardrobe for all of my crop tops and shorts to make the most of this boiling hot (by UK standards!) sunshine! If you have been following me on social media for a while you will know that I am a massive fan of matching two pieces. I just think they are so versatile and can be mixed up and changed whenever you want something a little different. When Hell Bunny first released their SS16 collection I was so impressed by the variety of new unique prints. The one that stood out to me the most was definitely the Safari print. I had never seen anything like it before which can be a rarity in the reproduction market. It is the perfect balance between novelty and chic. The print feels a lot more authentic than a lot of other 'different' prints I have seen before as they have kept the colour scheme pretty neutral and almost 'understated' which I love.


The design of the two piece is spot on in terms of shapes and features that flatter my body shape. The crop top features flared bell-shaped sleeves and a modest 'V' neckline which is ideal for the not-very-busty gals, like myself. One of the standout features of the top is definitely the back. Again, something completely unique that I really haven't seen before. As you will see from the photo's, the back has a key hole and then a waist tie so you can really get the perfect fit and the bow is a beautiful detail in itself. The top also has functional wooden buttons all the way down the front which really compliment the exotic design.

Shorts are something that I can really struggle with as a relatively tall girl (nearly 5'8). When I first got these I received them in a Small which fitted but I knew a size up would have been more comfortable (which is essential for me!) so I exchanged them for a Medium and they were absolutely spot on. As they have a waist tie it means you can really get that perfect fit around your waist. The top & shorts are a light flowy material which works so well with the cut and shape as they hang beautifully. I like that the shorts aren't super short so there's no risk of accidental bum cheek flashing!

I would definitely wear this two piece in the cooler weather by pairing the top with high-waisted jeans or capris and I would wear the shorts with a brown or green sweater and tights. Maybe I'll do another post on how I would match these pieces in the autumn soon! Let me know what you think - how would you wear this two piece in the colder weather?

OUTFIT DETAILS
Sunglasses - ASOS
Shoes - New Look 





Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed my post. 

All my love,


No comments:

Post a Comment