Sunday 5 January 2014

Retro Homeware On The Highstreet

Long time no speak! I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and a beautiful New Years! I was gifted the most fantasic microwave (yes, you read that right!) for Christmas from my Dad. I saw it on the Wilkinsons website and instantly fell in love! I'm sure you will too when you see it! And I'm sure if it was in an expensive kitchenware shop, you'd be expecting to pay well over £100 for it. I, however, found it for the unbelievable price of just £50! If any of you follow me on Instagram, I'm sure you will have already seen it, but here is my perfect microwave (I never thought I be pairing those two words together!)
Wilko Retro Microwave Mint 23L
It looks even better in real life!
And here's how it looks in my kitchen :-)
Aaaanyway, completely got sidetracked there! But my point is, the highstreet/supermarkets have so much to offer in the 'homeware' department, so you should always keep an eye out for little retro-inspired pieces for your home! Here is a little collection of pieces that I would love to see in my home. I must admit that a lot of things definitely aim towards the 'retro kitsch' end of the vintage scale as opposed to the genuinely vintage end, but these are pieces that I love and I hope you love too! :-)

 Retro Tea Storage Canister Retro Coffee Storage Canister
Tea & Coffee Retro Coffee Storage Canisters
£3
Matalan
 Retro Lemonade Sign
Retro Lemonade Sign
£2.50
Matalan
 Set of 3 Retro Tea Towels
Set of 3 Retro teatowels
£2.50
Matalan
Image coming soon
GPO Carrington Retro Black Phone
£39.99
Asda
Image coming soon
Coca-Cola Retro Tray
£4
Asda
Tala Retro Cook's Measure
£8
Sainsbury's

Country Laundry Room Sign
£5
Sainsbury's
TU Glass Trinket Box With Metal Plated Lid
£8
Sainsbury's

Retro Slush Maker
£59.95
Tesco
Retro Popcorn Maker
£29.75
Tesco
Retro Candy Floss Maker
£32.75
Wilko Retro Biscuit Canister Mint
Retro Biscuit Canister in Mint
£4.80
Wilkinsons
Wilko Retro Bread Bin Red
Retro Bread Bin in Red
£8
Wilkinsons
Clapham Wall Clock Black Metal
Clapham Wall Clock in Black Metal
£15
Wilkinsons
Retro Coca-Cola Tin Sign
£8
BHS
Coca Cola Napkin Dispenser
£10
BHS

The Bathroom Collection White Vintage Script Tumbler
£2.99
This also comes in a soap dish, soap dispenser etc so you can have the matching set
BHS
Vintage Maison Glass Footed Three Tier Cake Stand
£16
BHS
Blue Kellogg's Mug
£5
BHS
Set of 5 Spice Jars
£8
BHS

So that concludes this edition to my Retro Homeware series! I hope you enjoyed and got some inspiration for the new year!
Charity shops are a great place for vintage pieces for your home, from sofas to glasswear, they usually have it all! There are also charity shops that are only furniture specific so do some research and pop into your local one... You might just find the vintage dressing table of your dreams! :-)

With love,
Amber Rose
x

No comments:

Post a Comment