Wednesday 12 October 2016

Bad Girl Style with Vivien Of Holloway


Aloha, peaches! Vivien Of Holloway is one of the most well-known vintage reproduction brands in the UK (and worldwide for that matter!) and they are one of my favourite brands. They get it spot on from the styles to the fit to the patterns. They have something for everyone whether that be a floral number, a novelty print or a single-coloured staple. One of my all time most loved dresses I own is their Lana dress which I reviewed here which is a 1940's autumnal dream.

I was kindly sent some styles by Vivien of Holloway which I was extremely excited to try out. I was sent the Pedal Pushers, the Raglan shirt and the HalterNeck Top. I knew instantly that the Pedal Pushers and the Halterneck top were destined to be paired together as I'm pretty sure they are the same material so they look like a badass jumpsuit. So sassy it hurts! I feel like these three items of clothing are essential for every retro gal's wardrobe as staple pieces. They can all be dressed up or down easily and the Raglan Shirt (which will be featured on my blog very soon!) is the perfect white shirt for any occasion.

The Pedal Pushers are really high-waisted which is essential for taller girls like me as it can be so uncomfortable and unflattering for trousers to cut you off just be*++low your natural waist line. They hit me about mid-shin which again is a really flattering cut as they aren't quite capri-length but they still elongate your legs. If I'm honest I do wish these were a little bit tighter on my legs but then again, I am a slim-fit kinda gal and I don't imagine these would be hard to take in either as they aren't lined.

The HalterNeck Top is a classic. A must have. Flattering and fabulous. Vivien Of Holloway have every colour under the sun. It is boned to give you that bombshell hourglass shape with a sweetheart neckline that just screams feminine. If you wanted to change it up a little and go for a strapless look, you can easily tuck the halterneck down and fold over the sides.

And we have the ultimate Bad Gal accessories - The Leather Jacket which is a stunning soon-to-be released number from another amazing brand Collectif Clothing. I think the jacket compliments this look perfectly as it is cropped so hits me right at the waist and the cheeky leopard lining compliments the belt fabulously, if I do say so myself ;-). 

A pair of big statement kickass hoop earrings. This awesome pair are by Deluxe Creations and I actually designed them myself. Totally in love. The quality is out of this world. They offer clip ons and standard posts in every colour and design you can imagine! These are black with gold leaf all over. 

My turban is actually a knitted cardigan strategically wrapped around my head, haha! Don't tell anyone. My belt is from a charity shop and I love it. My glasses are Love Moschino from Specsavers.

My heels are my favourite staple blacks by Hotter. Mega comfortable and they go with everything. They come with a special insole that means they are dual fitting. If you have a wider foot then you can simply just remove the insole, however if you have narrow feet like myself then the insole cushions your feet perfectly. This design is called the Olwyn and it comes in a variety of colours and finishes. 





 I hope you enjoyed my post! Thank you to Vivien Of Holloway and Hotter Shoes for collaborating with me. There will be more posts featuring both brands coming up soon!

Don't forget to follow me on here to keep up to date with my posts and share share share!

All my love,

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment