Monday 31 October 2016

Suede & Sun Jellies with Georgia May


Aloha, lovelies! I hope you're all well. Today's post marks the first of many in a series as I will be joining forces with my close friend, sassy singer and blogger Georgia Harrup. We started our friendship a while ago through my facebook support group, Retro Mummies & Pregnant Pinups, where we hit it off from the get-go. Georgia kindly invited me to be an extra in her band's (The Northernettes) music video where we met for the first time. Since then myself and Miss Harrup have spoken pretty much every single day via many many many many voice notes ranting, raving and generally rambling.

We decided that we would make a great blogging duo a little while ago and have been eager to put our heads together and work on something fabulous ever since. We are both mummies to little girls who are a couple of months apart so we are both very familiar with striking up the perfect balance between being practical and looking sassy. We are firm believers in not sacrificing your style just because you're a mother. We both love vintage style, especially the 60's. Though we have many similarities we have our differences too which is why we thought it would be great to start this series. I am tall with long legs whereas Georgia is busty and petite. We both love similar things but we style them differently.


For the suede element of my outfit I chose to wear the B&B Dusty Jacket with the B&B Lilca Skirt.
I paired them with sparkly black hoops, a high neck maroon jumper, long socks and my black jellies. I absolutely loved this outfit - I felt full of confidence! I think you *have* to be confident whilst wearing a fully fringed jacket! I love combining different autmnal colours together and I always think they look good no matter what! Whether it's mustard, rust, maroon, navy, black, grey or brown - you can mix them all! I try to add different textures to my outfits to keep them interesting and I really like how the suede, fringing and shiny jelly shoes look.

The gorgeous Georgia added a Halloween twist to her outfit whereas mine is just an 'everyday' look. If I were to add a fancy-dress twist to my outfit, I would definitely turn myself into a fabulous cowgirl! Possibly a dead one if you wanna go all out spooky! All I would have to do is swap my jumper for a shirt and add a bandana neckerchief, cowgirl hat and boots for instant rodeo vibes. Yeeeeee-haw!

 Bright & Beautiful, LorelaiLorelai and Sunjellies were kind enough to sent their pieces in this outfit for me to style and I am a massive fan of each of these brands. Here is one thing I am lusting over from each of them!
 Bright & Beautiful via Collectif - The Montana Coat


Outfit Details
Maroon Jumper - Primark








Head on over to Georgia May's blog post to see how she styled Suede & Sunjellies. Here's a sneak peek! How gorgeous does she look! Swooooooon...



Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed the first post of mine and Georgia's series!
A massive thank you to the brands in this post for collaborating with us both!
Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment