Sunday 19 April 2015

My Retro Closet: 'Joan' Babydoll Review


Aloha, kittens! Today's post will be a review post getting up close and personal with vintage-inspired lingerie brand My Retro Closet. A one woman band creating and stocking gorgeous undies from her little studio in Shropshire.  I love supporting small businesses, especially ones from the UK and I also love vintage inspired lingerie so when Abi contacted me to see if I'd like to sample and review some of her beautiful delights I was honoured! It took about a week-ish from first contact to receiving my goodies in the post and when I saw the quality and chiffon perfection that was inside I knew it was love at first sight. My Retro Closet also sell other lingerie brands such as Playful Promises, Pamela Mann and Kiss Me Deadly.

The Joan baby-doll has oodles of chiffon material which means it hangs of your curves beautifully and has shoulder ties so you can adjust the fit to suit you. It comes in one size and I would hesitate in saying it would fit most people. I'm a size 10 and a 34C bust for reference and I've seen it on a very busty-licious October Divine looking amazing, however the larger your bust the shorter it will fall. The total hem measurements is 152" and the bust is approx 82".
As you'll see from the pictures of 'Joan' on I love  the way the chiffon hangs and flows. So flattering and authentic! My Retro Closet also offers the 'Joan' babydoll in Black, Blue & Black and Pink & Black . They also sell matching 'Jayne' Bed Jackets which I am just swooning over so hard!
The 'Joan' babydoll retails for £50, but My Retro Closet often has discount codes and offers so keep your eyes peeled and make sure you're following them on all of their social media (Instagram - @MyRetroCloset). Use the code 'WELCOME' for 10% off!
Now for the photo's...

 



 The back view:


 
 What 'Joan' looks like on:




I hope you enjoyed this post and that you go have a peek on My Retro Closet for latest styles and designs! 
All my love,

No comments:

Post a Comment