Monday 9 November 2015

The Simple Game Coat by Banned Apparel

Aloha, my little Gingerbreads! Alas, I still have no internet so I'm using my phone as a hotspot and just praying I don't run out of data :'). Today's post is a review of a gorgeous new coat I received from Banned Apparel. As soon as I saw it on their website, I instantly fell in love. As you would have seen, I featured it on my Vintage Style Coats post so I was absolutely delighted to be able to own it!

The coat is called the 'Simple Game' coat and it comes in two colours - 'Emerald Green/Black' and 'Grey/White/Black'. The thing that instantly drew me about this coat was it's length. It sits about mid-shin on myself and I am around 5ft8 so it is pretty long compared to lots of other reproduction winter coats. I love the fact that I won't have to worry about my flouncy dresses poking out the bottom of my coat which is something that I hate!


The website description of the coat -

'If you love the retro glamour of the 40's and 50's, let your inner vintage vixen shine in this Banned Simple Game Coat in striking emerald and black.

It can be tricky to maintain your style throughout the cold winter months, where the need for practicality outweighs prettiness, but glamorous numbers like this Banned Simple Game Coat are proof that it is possible to look great all year round!

Featuring a removable faux fur collar, this versatile coat can be dressed up or down depending entirely on your mood. If you're feeling particularly glamorous and want some classy elegance, this fitted midi-length emerald beauty is the perfect addition to your winter wardrobe.'

In regards to the colour, I personally wouldn't describe it as 'Emerald Green' as I definitely think it is more of a turquoise-y teal colour as you will see from the photo's. I like that it is quite a statement coloured coat, but it isn't too in your face and still somehow remains quite neutral (for a bright... If you know what I mean?).

I got a size Medium. I am currently 8 months pregnant and it amazingly fits perfectly which I definitely was not expecting owing to an ever-growing tummy! The buttons down the front even do up all the way comfortably which completely amazed me! If I wasn't pregnant, I could have probably done with a Small, however I do like my coats to have a bit of breathing space as I know I will be layering lots with jumpers and cardigans in the winter and there's nothing worse than feeling suffocated by your coat! The arms on the coat are quite long too which I found great personally because it just made it all the more comfortable and I would feel more than happy to wear a thick jumper underneath the coat without worrying I wouldn't be able to move properly! :-)

The coat features a removable fur collar which is a great feature as you can get two different looks depending on whether you wear the faux-fur or not. It also means you can remove the collar and wear your own stole or scarf if you'd like to. I took photo's with/without the collar to show you the two different effects you get from being able to remove it. The coat also features pockets which are a must when it comes to outerwear and buttons down the front.

Another thing that also caught my attention was the price of this coat. It retails at around £79.99 which is definitely on the lower end of the vintage-reproduction coat scale as you will see from my Vintage Coats blog post. The fact that it is a 'proper' winter coat and you do get a lot of coat makes it well worth the money in my opinion as the quality is superb.

Where to buy? Banned Apparel don't actually have their own website to buy from but they have lots of stockists all over the globe. If you're in the UK, you can buy the coat from Blue Banana,  Glamrock Clothing if you're in Europe or also Top Vintage if you're in Europe, too. 

Now for the photo's...

















I found a video of the coat in action on the catwalk! -    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8oBIWXetis

 Thank you for reading my post and I hope you enjoyed my review of the Simple Game coat by Banned Apparel!

All my love,

No comments:

Post a Comment