Wednesday 30 December 2015

Retro Reviews: Dolly & Dotty + OOTD's


Dolly and Dotty - 1950s and 1960s vintage dress store for Swing, Jive and Rockabilly fans.

Aloha, lovelies! My post today is going to be all about UK-based vintage inspired clothing brand. It is affordable and they have a mahoosive selection of different styles and cuts in an incredible amount of prints and colours so there is sure to be something to suit everyone's taste!

They recently contacted me to see if I wanted to review their brand and of course after checking their site I gladly agreed. Since being pregnant, I am always on the hunt for dresses that work with an ever-growing bump so I can share them with any retro-loving mums-to-be.
I wanted to pick dresses that were seasonally appropriate so I could wear them right away and also give festive outfit suggestions for those of you sporting baby bump.


The dresses I chose were the Hyacinth (in Green and in Dark Red), Evelyn in Green Check and Tiffany in Navy which I will be reviewing and showing separately on a later post. When my dresses arrived, I was thoroughly (and admittedly, surprisingly) impressed with each of them... Each of the dresses came with two different belt options which is a really nice touch and I am sure a lot of women would appreciate having the choice. In my parcel was also a Dolly & Dotty tote bag which, again, was a really generous sweet useful addition to an already lovely delivery.

To accommodate my bump I sized up to a size 12 in all of the dresses and they all fit me great which was a pleasant surprise! I would usually be a size 10 for reference.

The 'Hyacinth' dress is a dress you'd more commonly know as the 'Audrey' dress. The pinup staple. I love the fact that Dolly & Dotty's take on this everyday shape includes a good length full gathered circle skirt which is pretty much a deal breaker with me. Being pregnant means that the length of a dress is so important as my bump tends to lift the front of my dresses making them slightly shorter at the front... However, this isn't a problem with the Hyacinth as it is so gathered at the waist.

The 'Evelyn' dress is a beautiful day dress with a keyhole neckline that also features a cute peter pan collar. It comes in a great selection of prints and colourways and it fits beautifully, even over my rather large tummy. It's worth mentioning that it was a little tight on my bust, but that wasn't too much of a problem for me however it could be for the more boobalicious of you ladies.

Outfit Details

Shoes - Primark

Red Petticoat - Amazon


Outfit 1
Red Hyacinth Dress








Outfit 2 
Green Check Evelyn Dress


Outfit 3









I would really recommend Dolly & Dotty to anyone who is looking for a wide selection of affordable retro style dresses. They have some truly lovely gems and I can't wait to see what they release this year!

Thank you for reading & I hope you had a wonderful Christmas & an amazing new year!!
All my love,



No comments:

Post a Comment