Monday 25 January 2016

Into the woods with the 'Luna' dress by Collectif


Aloha, dolls! As you may know, I have been hunting down the perfect bump-friendly party dresses for a few months now as there is such a limited selection of maternity specific clothing on the high street (and most of the stuff that's out there isn't particularly flattering or glamorous). For me, I would personally prefer to invest in something I can wear post-pregnancy as well as whilst I'm sporting my rather large growing tummy so that is why I try to opt for dresses that aren't maternity-exclusive and just look for styles that aren't restricting on the belly area.

The 'Luna' dress by Collectif Clothing fits the bill perfectly! It is made from a heavy good quality taffeta which has a little bit of give and stretch to it. It's avaliable in two beautiful jewel-toned colours - Teal and Dark Green. I am wearing the dark green and it is stunning! It really has a true authentic vintage feel to it which is quite rare with reproduction party dresses. It comes with a removeable velvet waist tie which really cinches in your waist and gives you a wonderful hourglass shape. On the website it is tied with the bow at the back but I wanted to make a feature of it so tied it at the front.


The scoop neckline is super flattering and feminine. The 'Luna' dress also features a scooped back which is so gorgeous and subtly sexy without being too in-your-face. One of the things I love the most about the dress is its mega gathered full skirt... It makes you feel like a princess! I'm wearing a petticoat underneath the dress but I really don't think it's necessary due to the volume in the skirt and the material.

It is available in sizes 6-22 and I am wearing a size 12. I sized up to a 12 (I'm usually a size 10) to accommodate my bump and it fit perfectly and was comfortable which is essential for me! With my bump, the dress hits me right at the knees (I am between 5'7 and 5'8) however without a bump I'm pretty sure it would come just past as you'll see it is longer at the back from where my tummy has lifted it up. This is the perfect length for me as I do prefer my dresses longer as I feel that creates a more 'authentic' true vintage vibe.

The Luna dress retails at £72.50 but is currently (at the date of writing this 25/01/16) on sale for just £54.50! Available on the Collectif website by clicking  > here <.

Outfit Details
Pink Faux Fur Stole - New Look
Shoes - Primark








 Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed my review of the Luna Dress :-) 
All my love,


No comments:

Post a Comment