Wednesday 4 May 2016

1940s Lana Dress by Vivien Of Holloway


Aloha, you gorgeous bunch! A lot of awesome things have been happening at Atomic Amber HQ and I have a feeling this year is going to be an amazing one! (It already has been with the birth of my daughter and all!).  I was lucky enough to be sent the gorgeous Lana dress by Vivien Of Holloway. The Lana dress is a *stunning* 1940's style day dress with features to make any vintage-loving woman swoon. I'm not usually a 1940's gal, as you may know, but after feeling sensational whilst wearing my Glamour Bunny 1940's Maggie dress I know I had to have more forties in my life! I just felt so elegant and ladylike as soon as I put the Lana dress on.

I was advised that the Lana dress sized large so I was sent two sizes - size 10 and size 12 however Vivien of Holloway do vintage sizing so be sure to check their size chart. I could never have dreamed of fitting into the smaller size so naturally I tried on the bigger size first... It fit nicely with breathing space. I thought I would only regret it if I didn't at least try to squeeze the smaller size... Well I did... and it FIT! Very snug admittedly, but I loved the silhouette it gave me. It nipped in my waist and skimmed over my curves beautifully. After much deliberation, I decided to keep the smaller size. I like a well fitted dress - I feel it makes you stand up straight and gives great posture. So, if you're going to give the Lana a go then I would definitely suggest sizing down if you want to be nipped in at the waist!


The neckline has to be the standout feature of the Lana dress for me. I have never seen another dress like it. The best way I could describe it is a square draped collar. It has lightly padded shoulders which add to the beautiful 1940's silhouette. The skirt is A-line with some gathers at the front which enhances curves in a stunningly feminine way. The Lana dress comes in 5 patterns. I chose the Golden Rose pattern as I just feel like the autumnal colours kept with the 1940's theme, however I am also swooning over the Golden Hibiscus pattern-way. I hope Vivien releases this dress in some plain colourways soon as I think they'd be a hit!

I kept my look casual with a vintage handbag from Monica Valentine Vintage, my rose hair flowers by Rosa Dior Floral Headwear and some New Look flats.

It only felt right that I headed to a local old fashion railway station to take some snaps in this dress. It fitted the theme *perfectly* and I couldn't be happier with the final aesthetic. I hope you enjoy my images! Ps. I also made it onto the Vivien Of Holloway website on the page of this dress so be sure to have a gander!!!












I hope you enjoyed my post!!!
Thank you for reading!
All my love,

No comments:

Post a Comment